I’ve signed up for a 31 day writing challenge. Everyday in October, I am posting a new slow cooker recipe, a link to a previous posted slow cooker recipe, or a link to a recipe from another blog.
Tomorrow is the last day of the writing challenge. I’m getting ready for my next two series. They won’t be as intense as the 31 writing challenge.
The first series is a countdown to Thanksgiving series. I have some crockpot meals for sides and even a turkey recipe for the crockpot. My plan is to have a printable Thanksgiving menu the week before Thanksgiving.
The second series is a countdown to Christmas. I already have recipes of the I’m Hungry cooking blog. We are going to revisit some of our favorite Christmas cookies and treats. The Imaginative One loves this time of the year because he loves taste testing the goodies.
I’ve already tasted two of the recipes for the countdown to Christmas. Both the Wee One and the Imaginative One LOVED the first one. Only the Wee One has tried the other one. He kept going back for me so I think that is a sign that he LOVED the other treat.
As I have said in other blog posts, we eat Sunday night dinner with my mother-in-law. Twice during the month of October, we also invited another member of our church to our Sunday night dinner. On the 11th, I decided to cook chicken Parmesan in the slow cooker. Chicken Parmesan is one of my mother-in-law’s favorite meals. Everyone raved on the deliciousness of the meal.
About a half an hour before the dinner, I took the chicken out of the crock. I placed the chicken pieces in a casserole dish and then sprinkled Parmesan cheese over the chicken. Then I put it in the oven for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
Stars of the recipe:
- 6 chicken tenderloins or 3 chicken breasts cut in half
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ to 1 c. Italian shredded cheese
- 1 package spaghetti or angel hair pasta, cooked according to package (For serving)
- Spray a 5 to 6 quart crockpot with cooking spray.
- In a shallow pan, place panko bread crumbs.
- In a second pan, place eggs and water combined. (Hint: Use a fork to poke the yolk.)
- Pour a ¼th of the spaghetti sauce in the crockpot.
- Dip the chicken into the eggs and water mixture first and then the panko bread.
- Place in the crock. Continue for all pieces of chicken.
- Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce over the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the spaghetti sauce.
- Cook for on low for 7.5 hours.
- Sprinkle cheese over the chicken. Cook for an addition ½ hour.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti or angel hair pasta.
To check out the rest of the recipes I’ve shared during this challenge, click on this link.
Oh and please check back during the first week of November. I’m planning a small giveaway. No, it is not a crock pot. More information will be forthcoming about the giveaway.