I’ve signed up for a 31 day writing challenge. Everyday in October, I am posting a new slow cooker recipe, a link to a previous posted slow cooker recipe, or a link to a recipe from another blog.
On Friday, Wee One and I went to a bonfire. Since we were going to be eating yummy food there, I planned to have a light dinner so we were NOT too full. So I chose to make tomato soup and grilled cheese. Yum!
The Wee One and I had fun at the bonfire. I made some Boo Mix to share. It was a big hit with everyone who tried it.
The adults sat with the adults and chit chatted. The kids ran around caring people and going on hay rides. I did go on one of the hay rides and screamed during the whole ride even though it wasn’t really that scary.
Now onto the recipe:
Crockpot Tomato Soup
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 (15 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- salt and pepper
- Cook onion and garlic in oil until onion is translucent.
- Place onion and garlic in crock.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Cook on high 2 to 3 hours or low 4 to 5 hours. Stir.
- Add bread to soup. Stir. Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Blend in small batches in blender or use an immersion blender.
- Put back in crock and add cream.
- Let cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with grilled cheese or crackers.
To check out the rest of the recipes I’ve shared during this challenge, click on this link.
Oh and please check back during the first week of November. I’m planning a small giveaway. No, it is not a crock pot. More information will be forthcoming about the giveaway.