I’ve signed up for a 31 day writing challenge. Everyday in October, I am posting a new slow cooker recipe, a link to a previous posted slow cooker recipe, or a link to a recipe from another blog.
Can you believe this is the 27th day of the writing challenge? I can’t believe it either.
Tonight I asked the family what they thought of the challenge so far. The Imaginative One told me that its as though everything is normal. The family is fed and happy so that is normal. I don’t have to worry about rushing home from work because I know that dinner is going to be ready. Those are both winners in my book.
My mother-in-law has also been happy about the challenge because she hasn’t not had to make an Sunday dinners in recent weeks. I’ve been making the dinners in order to test new recipes.
On Sunday I invited my mother-in-law and a member of our church over for the Sunday dinner. I cooked a pre-Thanksgiving dinner – turkey, green bean casserole, rolls, homemade applesauce, and dessert. I was in the mood for cherry crisp so I decided to try to cook it in the crock pot. The cherry crisp was delicious!
My mother-in-law and F. loved the crisp.
I had more on Monday and it was even better then on Sunday.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 (15 oz) can of cherry pie filling
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 chopped pecans
- 1/3 butter, softened, cut into small pieces
- Spray a 2 or 3 quart crock with cooking spray.
- Pour the cherry pie filling in the crockpot.
- In a small bowl, add the other ingredients (topping) except for butter. Mix.
- Cut the butter into the topping ingredients using 2 knives, a pastry blender, or your hands until crumbly.
- Drop the topping over the cherry pie filling.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours until bubbly.
- Enjoy with ice cream or homemade whipped cream!
To check out the rest of the recipes I’ve shared during this challenge, click on this link.
Oh and please check back during the first week of November. I’m planning a small giveaway. No, it is not a crock pot. More information will be forthcoming about the giveaway.